Find more about Perry's and the appraisal process:
The value of your treasured items may have changed in recent years due to the changing prices of precious metals and gems. Scheduling an updated appraisal confirms that your jewelry is adequately insured and better protects you in case of loss or theft. With a staff of eleven GIA Graduate Gemologists and a numismatist, as well as a consulting personal property appraiser, Perry’s appraisal service will ensure you have all the necessary information you need in an organized and comprehensive report. Call 704.364.1391 to schedule a confidential appointment at our new private offices.
Having your valuables appraised helps to protect, replace or identify their value in the event of the following:
- Natural disaster
- Fires and floods
- Proof of ownership cases
- Estate settling or unexpected death
You can rest easy knowing your treasured items are protected by having them properly appraised and documented by Perry's at SouthPark.
Schedule a Confidential Appraisal for:
- Insurance/retail replacement value
- Wedding bands and engagement rings
- Divorce liquidation
- Estate evaluations and appraisals
- Estate planning and cataloging
- Insurance/fair market value
- Gemstone identification
- Diamond plotting
- Coin collections
- Antique furniture and household contents
Click here to meet our Jewelry Appraisers
At Perry’s we have eight appraisers on staff, including experienced GIA Graduate Gemologists, rare coin experts, and estate experts. No other jewelry store or gold dealer in the nation can match the caliber of personnel and resources at Perry's Fine Antique & Estate Jewelry.
Our on-site resources include:
- A fully equipped gemological lab
- State-of-the-art equipment
- A staff with more than 300 years combined experience
- Two sets of color Master diamonds for diamond color grading
- Furniture and personal property appraisal services
- A full rare coins and collectibles division
Can’t come to us? Our portable lab travels to law offices, banks and private homes for accurate and professional appraisals anywhere, anytime.
In addition to your own renters or homeowners insurance, Perry's recommends Jewelers Mutual Insurance Company. Jewelers Mutual has been in business for nearly 100 years, and offers some of the best, most affordable coverage for your precious jewels.
Click here to meet our Coin Specialist
Did You Know…
- ... Without proof of value by a qualified independent appraiser, your insurance company will only pay you “up to” a pre-determined amount. Check your policy to see what this amount is; the cost to replace valuable antique furniture is often much higher than what your policy allows under general coverage.
- ... A general homeowner's insurance policy may not include ‘breakage’ as a valid form of loss, especially for crystal or ceramics. You may need to submit an appraisal and change the “named perils” under your policy.
- ... The current federal estate tax exemption is set to drop from $5.12 million to $1 million at the end of this year. This change could qualify hundreds of thousands of estates to a 55% federal estate tax rate. Know what you qualify for, and have your estate valued by a qualified appraiser. The IRS only recognizes appraisals that comply with USPAP standards.
Click here to meet our Personal Property Appraising Consultant
The appraisers at Perry’s Fine, Antique, and Estate Jewelry have a combined total of over 200 years’ experience. You will not find that level of expertise anywhere else in the Charlotte are. For 35 years, Perry’s has been one of the most respected and trusted businesses in Charlotte. Perry’s is accredited by the Better Business Bureau and holds an A+ rating.